In your mentor coaching process you will work one-on-one with your ICF approved Mentor Coach. You will meet the required 10-hours and 3-month minimum. You will be prepared to successfully complete the Coaches Knowledge Assessment and provide a competent sample of your coaching skills in the form of a Recorded coaching session for review by the ICF.
Together we will cover the following topics:
Review the ICF pathway to ACC and gain understanding of the core competencies and codes of conduct and ethics.
You will build and expand skills in the following areas:
- Establishing the coaching agreement and setting the foundation
- Explaining how coaching works and that it is not therapy
- Building trust with the use of validation, supportive listening and honoring the client’s true nature
- Establishing concise goals that include measurable details
- Asking powerful questions with the intention of triggering self-discovery and building self-awareness through brainstorming, exploring options, examining decision making and life style patterns
- Techniques to move your client from just doing to a deep understand of their state of being
- Gaining understanding for recognizing and removing blocks
- Practicing listening at a global level
- Communicating directly using language that is positive, including metaphors and framed stories and free of jargon
- Facilitating learning and results, checking in on learning and creating accountability
- Managing progress, creating plans and goal setting
In addition, each mentor coach relationship will address other relevant topics that are very specific to your individual coaching skills growth goals.